Hello all! Here are today’s reminders!
- English II students: If you would like to buy a copy of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, please bring $5.00 to class and reserve a copy. Books should be arriving tomorrow.
- English I students: If you have not been able to check out an independent Reading book, please see me so that I can write you a pass for before or after school or during lunch to check one out. Remember to bring your book to class on Friday!
Reminders for EVERYONE:
- BuildOn Scavenger Hunt Permission Slips will be in my classroom all week, so if you would like to come to our kick off event this Saturday Sept.14, please pick up a form and get it signed to turn into Ryan at the event!
- First Culinary Club meeting will be on Thursday, September 19 in Room 101. See me if you have any questions 🙂
Honors English II
· Choose one of the Essential Questions and answer it from the point of view of the Author of “Children can still change…”
1) To what extent should teenagers be rehabilitated or held to legal consequences for their actions?
2) Should teenagers have similar legal consequences as adults? Why or why not?
3) Determine what legal measures should be weighed against a person based on the evidence given.
· Read to page 65 (Stop at Grandmother Gives Me Advice)
· Complete Questioner Sheet to help facilitate discussion