Hi all! We had a nice midweek break, but we still have work to do! So keep that in mind as we continue to work towards our goals and achieve academic success. See you tomorrow!!!
HOMEWORK ENGLISH I
Make sure you have read to pg.269 of Zeitoun and finish your last question of the Read and Say Something.
Read pages 257-269
- STOP ON P. 257 AND DISCUSS:
What do you think “wrathful” means (bottom of page)? What context clues did you use to determine this meaning?
- STOP ON P. 260 at the top AND DISCUSS:
Why was Maten arrested? What do you think may have contributed to a mistake of this magnitude?
- STOP ON P. 263 in middle AND DISCUSS:
How has Zeitoun’s opinion of the United States changed throughout his ordeal?
- STOP ON P. 269 AND DISCUSS:
Do you think that Zeitoun is right to be hopeful? Or is he setting himself up for disappointment? What do you think will happen next? Why do you think that?
Don’t forget to turn in your RAFT letter- it is now LATE!!!
HOMEWORK HONORS ENGLISH II
Read your Bullying Article and complete your Reciprocal Teaching Role. You will share these with your groups tomorrow!!!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR EVERYONE!!!
- CHECK YOUR GRADES AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE!!! You can always raise your grade by going to lunch tutoring or Scholar Hour. See me for more details and a pass. Then, I will send you down during lunch or after school.
- Build On Meeting Tuesday! I have permission slips for the Senior Citizen Breakfast.
- Culinary Club will meet Friday February 14 for our VALENTINE PARTY. Please bring ceramics that are microwavable. See you tomorrow!